JUNIOR FELLOW MEETING | 20 May 2019 | 14:00 – 16:30 | Nooterzaal
The RCMC/FEL Junior Fellowship program provides financial support to talented junior researchers interested in conducting (ethnographic) research or publishing on the collections of the Tropenmuseum, Museum Volkenkunde, Afrika Museum and Wereldmuseum. In this meeting, the 2018 grantees will introduce their research and discuss their progress.
The 2018 grantees are:
- Willem van Wijk – Will conduct comparative research on the representation of African art in South-Korea and the Netherlands.
- Adiva Lawrence – Will make a comparative study on museums and exhibitions from different contexts contribute to "re-archiving" black history and memory, with a focus on the memory of slavery.
- Jaimee Comstock-Skipp – Will rethink typologies and labels in her research: Cataloguing Persianate Arts of the Book in the Nationaal Museum van Wereldculturen.
- Rab Messina – Will analyse how designs can be made more sustainable for a wider audience by bringing technology and design closer together.
- Caroline Fernandes Caromano – Will research Amazonian Flames in European Houses which is an investigation of Fire as a Museum Object in ethnographic and archaeological collections from the Amazon in European museums.
Image: photograph of four out of five junior fellows by ©KIRSTENVANSANTEN